Hindu weddings are well known for its tradition and customs. It bring two people together who are said to be compatible. Hindu Vivah is not for self-indulgence, but it is considered as a lifelong social responsibility and the beginning of happy and fulfilled married life.
There are various rituals for the different sections of Hindus across India. Rituals in the hindu wedding ceremony are:
- Vaara Satkaraah – Arrival of bridegroom and his kinsmen at the entrance gate of the wedding hall where the bride’s mother blesses the groom with rice and trefoil and applies tilak of vermilion and turmeric powder.
- Madhupaarka Ritual – Arrival of the bridegroom at the altar and bestowing of presents by the bride’s father.
- Kanya Daan – The bride’s father gives away his daughter to the groom.
- Vivah-Homa – It is the sacred fire ceremony ascertaining all auspicious undertakings are begun in an atmosphere of spirituality and purity.
- Jaal Grahan – The groom holding the right hand of the bride in his left hand and accepts her as his lawfully wedded wife.
- Pratigyan Karan – Bride and Groom walks round the fire, the bride leading, and take solemn vows of steadfast, loyalty, love and life-long fidelity to each other.
- Shila Arohan – Bride’s mother assists her onto a stone slab and counsels her to prepare herself for a new life.
- Laaja Homah – Puffed rice is offered as oblations by the bride into the sacred fire and keeping the palms of her hands over those of the groom.
- Mangal Phera – The presence of the Sacred Fire seven encirclements have been made around it by the bride and the groom together. This aspect of the ceremony legalized according to the Hindu Marriage Act as well custom.
- Saptapadi -Tying one end of the groom’s scarf with the bride’s dress. Then they take seven steps representing nourishment, strength, prosperity, happiness, progeny, long life and harmony and understanding, respectively.
- Abhishek – It is the Ritual of Sprinkling of water, meditating sun and the pole star.
- Anna Praashan – The couple offers food into the fire and then the couple to express mutual love and affection. feed a morsel of food to each other
- Ashirvadaha – It is the Benediction to the elders for Ashirvadaha.
Vivahzone.com understands your values for these traditions and so we provide lots of planning options according to your needs.We provides end to end matrimonial solutions to our clients which includes Pre-matrimonial checks, Free Horoscope,Meeting places, Vivah advice’s and Costumes,Honeymoon packages and many more.
Join for free and start searching for prospective Hindu brides and Hindu grooms today!